Friday, July 6, 2012

Post 033 - Iowa

Day 29 - North Into Iowa, Not West to Nebraska

I write this completely from memory. I have no notes. I rode north into Iowa, not west into Nebraska. I am sure it was just the allure of Missouri's wonderful lettered county roads. The butter smoothness of southern roads ends in northern Missouri. Roads become more broken and repaired as you approach the Iowa border.

They day was hot and I drove to an Iowa State Park called Summit Lake. It is about two miles down a gravel road. No one was there. I was the only person in the campground. My only memory of the day and I admit it may be faulty, is the Iowa farms were less diversified than their Missouri neighbors. There was a majority of corn in Iowa.

The night was not too hot. Sleep came quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment