Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Post 001 - Moby Dick

Like Ishmael in Moby Dick, I sometimes find myself growing grim about the mouth. To drive off my spleen and regulate the circulation, I too desire to sail about a little and see the world. Ishmael's venue was the watery part, mine is the land. His mode of transport a whaling ship, mine a motor scooter.

Also, like Ishmael, with " ... little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore..." I am compelled to travel. An additional factor is that I turn 60 years old this summer. How did that happen? Where did the last 55 go? What does it all mean? So, and this is my last Moby Dick reference, this adventure "…is my substitute for pistol and ball."

That's a figure of speech of course, as is "What does it all mean?" You have to grok for yourself. Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment